Museum of Natural Science

Last Friday my grade went on a field trip to the Museum of Natural Science. That morning we got on the two large buses waiting to take us to Raleigh. The bus ride was fairly short and I sat with my friends. When we arrived everyone rushed out to stand in front of the two large doors at the entrance of the museum. We were then paired with another advisory. The first exhibit was about race. We were provided a piece of paper to write down thoughts or ideas that we had while we read the many posters with information on race. We then made our way to the exhibit on insects and small underwater creatures. They even had a giant model of what it would look like to see like a fly! Down the hall we traveled to the more science related exhibit. On the back of our paper we did the same thing we did with the RACE exhibit and we wrote down observations and answered some of the questions related to some of the things we are learning in class that connected to the exhibit. My favorite part was seeing the clear jellyfish floating around in their tank. We left the science exhibit and went for a lunch break outside. It was great weather and very sunny. And lastly we walked over to look at some of the monuments and statues near the museum that we learned about before we took the trip. I really enjoyed myself on this trip and I hope I can go back some day to see the other exhibits and to learn more. 

One thought on “Museum of Natural Science