TED like Talk

In Language Arts, we did a TED like talk. I did my TED like talk the second to last week of school. My topic was The Difference Between Copying and Inspiration. I presented in front of my whole class. It was very scary but I remembered some tips from Chris Anderson’s video, that really helped me.

I really liked creating my own topic and being creative. The first thing I did was research my topic. I made a Google doc to put all of my information to help me start creating my slides. I then made a representation of copying and a visual representation using clay. Then I added all of my photos and info to Google slides and started creating my presentation. This was my favorite part. I really enjoyed messing with different styles and formatting as well as colors and contrast. The last step before presenting and peer feedback was creating my speaker notes. This was pretty easy because I just had to take the info from my Google doc and put it into the words I want to say to explain the information on the screen when I present. Finally, when I was completely done I signed up for a day to present. I spent my time before the day I had to present practicing my speaking notes.

Even though I had memorized my notes I still needed them and I still messed up a lot and that’s okay because I learned from my mistakes and next time I have to present I will have a little more experience. In conclusion, I really had fun with my TED like Talk and I think I learned a lot as well.

One thought on “TED like Talk